The ThreeBestRated.com selected attorney, Trinidad Galdean, as one of the 3 Best Employment Lawyers in Wichita, Kansas. The site uses its 50-Point Inspection that includes “checking customer reviews, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, trust, and cost to the general excellence.” Trinidad was the only individual attorney selected. Trinidad represents businesses, management and individuals in employment and immigration legal matters. While he is licensed in Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Nebraska, Trinidad represents clients throughout the U.S.
Galdean Law Firm
With 25 years of legal experience, Trinidad is a frequent speaker on employment and immigration topics to Human Resource associations, Chambers of Commerce, Municipal associations, and other industry associations in various states.
Today the USCIS published the new Form I-9 for employers to use. By Jan. 22, 2017, employers must use only the new version, dated 11/14/2016 N. Until then, an employer can continue to use the version dated 03/08/2013 N or the new version.
The changes in the new Form I-9 include the following:
- Section 1 asks for “other last names used” rather than “other names used.”
- The addition of prompts to ensure information is entered correctly.
- The ability to enter multiple preparers and translators.
- A dedicated area for including additional information rather than having to add it in the margins.
- A supplemental page for the preparer/translator.
This new change should key employers to not only update the Form I-9 but also to update their training and immigration compliance practices. Employers with questions about immigration compliance should contact an experienced employment immigration attorney.